Every account on your website has a designated type. This helps you understand how each account relates to your community. Common account types include:
- Property manager
- Prospective resident
Each account type also imposes an address requirement. This helps customize the registration process based on what type of addresses you need from different types of accounts. The available address requirement choices are:
- At least one address in your community
- At least one address (not necessarily in your community)
- Do not collect addresses
Using account types
Account types can also be used when restricting pages (shown below) or when sending communications, among other things.
Creating account types
Full administrators can create any number of custom account types to suit your community's needs. Account types should not be confused with groups, which are much more flexible and designed to change over time. Account types, on the other hand, are:
- Mutually exclusive. Each account should only fall into one type, since no account can be given two types.
- Static. Account types should rarely need to change.
- Assigned at the account level. All members within an account should fall under the chosen account type.
- Chosen by the member. The member that registers for an account chooses their account type during registration.
Here's how to create a new account type:
- Start by visiting the "Settings" section of the Admin Control Panel.
- Click the "Registration" tab, and then the "Account types" tab.
- Click the white "Add account type" button at the bottom of the list.
- Provide a name and choose an address requirement.
- Click the blue "Add" button.